This is a follow up from our last post about moving a little clutter out of your life.
You have found a couple of things that you need to move out of the way so you can get very clear on the things you want to do in your life. And the next question is, “Now what?”
Here are a few of suggestions:
- Write down your reasons for leaving those things behind. Why do they no longer serve your life? Then write down how this “new thing” will enhance your life. Even if it is as simple as, “I want to read more books to help me reduce my stress”, making that statement in writing gives it “legs” in your life.
- Okay so writing down your ideas is not your gig, then call on a good friend. Say out loud why you need to move one thing off your plate to add something you really want to be doing. Have your friend listen until you have pled your case because once you start that stream of consciousness you don’t want it interrupted. Then your friend can play “devil’s advocate”, listing pros and cons to your choices.
- Sit with your decision and listen for that inner voice to give you guidance. When we shut down the external world (and that includes all technology) your inner guidance will speak. Getting closer to that voice again will make future decisions easier.
- Make a plan! Maybe the thing you need to get out of your life involves other people so plan ahead on how you want to deliver the news. And don’t feel like you need to apologize but instead offer a simple explanation, “Things are changing in my life right now and I’m rearranging some things on my plate.”
- And last but not least, sometimes you need help from someone completely out of your tribe. A neutral third party who doesn’t know you (or knows you a little) that can help guide you through the obstacles. This could be a mentor, business coach, counselor or someone else that can see the big picture. Go for it! Anything that can move you forward, clear that clutter and move you into the things you really want to be doing is well worth your time and effort.
These are just a few ways for you to change things in your life so you are truly making room for the things that bring you joy. Stop putting these beautiful things on the back burner because your soul is calling for you to make them a priority.
Let me hear from you in the comments, have you found another way to help you remove some clutter from your life? Remember sharing your wisdom may help someone else.
Peace and Love!